Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm bloggin it, Pat, I'm bloggin it!

This is my first (and probably last) blog, so I'm not really sure how to kick it off. Breaking a bottle of champagne over the computer sounds exciting but a little counterproductive, so I'll just say welcome! I'll be documenting my travels over the next six months: five months taking classes in Seville and one month gallivanting around Europe, giving them a bad impression of Americans.

I leave on January 17, giving me about two weeks to get everything together and brush up on my woefully inadequate Spanish. (We're not allowed to speak English unless we're on fire or something equally drastic. It's going to be basically a six-month-long game of charades.)

Issues left to resolve before I leave:
1. What the hell am I going to pack? They don't really wear T-shirts over there, and the weather is all over the place.
2. What present should I bring my host family? I need something small and Texan that won't be confiscated by customs. Ideas are welcome.

IMPORTANT: I am not bringing my phone to Spain. I am, however, bringing my gargantuan laptop and I'll have access to internet on campus. If you need to contact me, e-mail, Facebook, and Skype are the ways to do it. Or you can always comment on this blog. It'll make me feel popular.

To conclude my first post, I'd like to send a shout-out to my mom for A) forcing me to start a blog, B) being my only reader, and C) creating the title for it.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! It is an honor to post the first official comment. Or commento.
    The journey begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He traido pralines a para mi host in Tobago. I figured they wouldn't melt and due to the pecans were kinda Texan. You are going to have a marvelous adventure, I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful adventure. I will be a reader/stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAURA!!! YOU MUST GO TO SWITZERLAND IN YOUR MONTH OF TRAVELS. YOU. MUST.

    also. if you go to france, paris is amazing but you MUST MUST MUST (maybe on your way to switzerland) go to a town called Annecy, France -- even for just a day. MY FAVORITE PLACE IN EUROPE. it is the most picturesque place you have ever seen. Rent a boat on lake annecy and have an amazing day taking in the mountains. Then go to switzerland.

    LOVE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING TIMEEEE i wish i could do it all again.

    -killer kels

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! Props to my sister for coming up with such a fun blog title.

    ReplyDelete